Fores's courting envelope [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > Fores's courting envelope [graphic].
- Fores's courting envelope [graphic].
- Leech, John, 1817-1864, printmaker
Messrs. Fores (Firm), publisher.
Jobbins, John Richard, -1866, printer.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Published by Messrs. Fores at their Sporting & fine print repository & frame manufactory, 41 Piccadilly, corner of Sackville Street
First in a series of prints published by Fores that parodies the infamous Mulready stationery released by the British Post Office in 1840. Each of the prints is numbered and centers on a different theme, e.g. Fores's military envelope, Fores's hunting envelope, Fores's comic envelopes, Fores's alderman envelopes, Fores's dancing envelope, etc
Title from text above image.
Sheet trimmed to design.
- 1 print : sheet 9.1 x 14 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1840
Lithographs England London 1840
- lithograph ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
- Mulready, William, 1786-1863.
- Subject (Topic)
Mulready, William, 1786-1863
England > 1840
England > London > 1840
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)