A couple of Cochranites [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > A couple of Cochranites [graphic]
- A couple of Cochranites [graphic]
- Leech, John, 1817-1864
- Published / Created
- [approximately March 1848]
- Publication Place
- Published at the Punch Office
Title from caption below image.
"Price 6 d"--Upper left corner.
Date of publication, March or April 1248, based on the event depicted.
Three lines of dialogue below title: First juvenile. "I say Tommy, what do you think of this here jolly row?" Second Do. "Why I think we ought to down with the Harrystockracy, and pay no Hincome tax." First Do. "Oh! and have all the pastry cooks shops throw'd open to the people free, gratis, for nothink!!!"
- 1 print : sheet 33.4 x 25 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1848
Lithographs England London 1848
- lithograph ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Topic)
Poor > Employment > Great Britain
Taxation > Great Britain
Great Britain > Economic conditions
England > 1848
England > London > 1848
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)