The opening of the great hive of the world, May 1, 1851, or, The Industrial Exhibition of All Nations [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > The opening of the great hive of the world, May 1, 1851, or, The Industrial Exhibition of All Nations [graphic]
- The opening of the great hive of the world, May 1, 1851, or, The Industrial Exhibition of All Nations [graphic]
- Alternative Title
- Industrial Exhibition of All Nations
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, printmaker
Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, artist.
Bogue, David, 1807 or 1808-1856, publisher.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Pubd. by D. Bogue, 86 Fleet St.
"A view of the Crystal Palace, crowds of people cheering and waving their hats, guards lining the road and cavalry riding to the right, Queen Victoria, Prince Albert and their children walking towards the entrance guarded by beefeaters, trees to the left and the right, the whole surrounded by laurel leaves, a banner lettered with "The Opening of the Great Hive of the World May 1 1851 or the Industrial Exhibition of All Nations".--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text within banner in top portion of image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Plate from: Mayhew. H. 1851, or, The adventures of Mr and Mrs Sandboys and family. London : David Bogue, .
- 1 print : sheet 21.1 x 43 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)