The stature of a great man, or, The English colossus [graphic] / G. B-k-h sculp.
Lewis Walpole Library > The stature of a great man, or, The English colossus [graphic] / G. B-k-h sculp.
- The stature of a great man, or, The English colossus [graphic] / G. B-k-h sculp.
- Alternative Title
- English colossus
- Bickham, George, 1706?-1771
- Published / Created
- to [the] act, 1740
- Publication Place
Bound in a collection of 35 prints with armorial book plate: Ex-libris Lichtensteinianis.
Five lines of text titled "Description" below verse: The Colossus at Rhodes, a stature of [the] Sun 70 cubits high ...
P. Murray Hill; May 1957; Acquisitions no.: 957-5-3-1.
Seven lines of verse in two columns below title: Why man, he doth bestride [the] narrow world ... Shakespeare.
Temporary local subject terms: Cuba -- Literature: quotation from Shakespeare -- Colossus -- Cardinal Fleury as a fox.
Title from item.
With spine title: Caricatures anglaise 1740.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper ; plate mark 32.6 x 19.9 cm, on sheet 38 x 24 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 C2 738
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 3, no. 2458