Bob's the whole [graphic] / E. Cotin in. sc.
Lewis Walpole Library > Bob's the whole [graphic] / E. Cotin in. sc.
- Bob's the whole [graphic] / E. Cotin in. sc.
- Cotin, E.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Sold by G. Bickha[m] at the Blackmoor's Head, Exeter Exchange
Bound in a collection of 35 prints with armorial book plate: Ex-libris Lichtensteinianis.
P. Murray Hill; May 1957; Acquisitions no.: 957-5-3-33.
'Price 1 shilling'--Below image.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark on top and left side.
Temporary local subject terms: Cession of Gibraltar -- Cession of Port Mahon -- Conventions: Pardo, 1739 -- Electorates: German electorates -- Electorate of Hanover -- Cuba: Fort St. Iago -- Cumberland Harbor -- Fairs: Horn Fair -- Yarmough fish -- Hungary -- France -- Bavaria -- Slogans: wooden shoes -- Hats: King's hat -- Parodies: parody on Athanasian Creed.
Ten lines of text in rebus, followed by two columns of further text in rebus, below image: Whosoever will [be] rich or [high] be [for] [all] things ...
The following words within the text are represented by a rebus: be by an image of a bee, high by an image of a throne, for by number 4, all by an awl.
Title engraved at top of design, within the scroll surrounding the images.
With spine title: Caricatures anglaise 1740.
- 1 print : etching & engraving on laid paper ; plate mark 41.5 x 26.6 cm, on sheet 46.4 x 36.0 cm.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Folio 724 C2 738
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Engravings -- England -- London -- 1741
Etchings -- England -- London -- 1741
Rebuses -- England -- 1741
Satires (Visual works) -- England -- 1741
- Resource Type
- Prints & Photographs
- Subject (Name)
- Bickham, George, 1706?-1771
- Subject (Topic)
George II, King of Great Britain, 1683-1760
Vernon, Edward, 1684-1757
Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745
Yarmouth, Amelie Sophia de Walmoden, Countess of, 1706-1765
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 3, no. 2464