P. Rapin de Thoyras [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > P. Rapin de Thoyras [graphic]
- P. Rapin de Thoyras [graphic]
- Vertue, George, 1684-1756, printmaker
- Vertue, George, 1684-1756, artist.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
"Portrait, half-length to right, with head turned to look towards front; wearing a long wig, loose cloak above armour, and lace collar; his right forearm resting on frame, holding a book open with thumb between the pages; in rectangular frame on pedestal with convex front; coat of arms and books in foreground, one on right lettered "Histor[y] of Engla[nd]"; after a drawing by Vertue."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from text in image.
Place of publication taken from printmaker's known place of activity.
- 1 print : plate mark 324 x 218 mm, on sheet 373 x 242 mm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Portraits R218 no. 1
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)