Sermones de tempore
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Sermones de tempore
- Sermones de tempore
- Herolt, Johann
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
Manuscript on paper (sturdy) of Iohannes Herolt OP (d. c. 1468), Sermones de tempore, incomplete: from the first Sunday of Advent till the fourth Sunday after Easter.
Binding: 15th-16th centuries. Parchment over light wooden boards; leather spine with three raised bands; marks of two clasps. At the top of the rear board there is an excavation for the staple to which a chain was attached. On the spine parchment label with the handwritten title (19th century?) “JOHANNES HEROLT / Sermones Discipuli / De Tempore / saec. XV. 1436.” At the top of the rear cover close to the spine a printed paper label containing space for a shelfmark covering a large capital “W”; the handwritten shelfmark is “5867”.
Leaves are badly waterstained in the outer lower corner in the second half of the manuscript.
Red stroking of majuscules and underlining, red plain generally 3-line initials.
Script: Copied probably by one scribe writing Gothica Cursiva Libraria. When the first letter on a page is a majuscule it is as a rule made larger, with some calligraphic development.
- ff. 384 : paper ; 215 x 145 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 864
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--15th century.--local
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Church year sermons--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Iohannes Herolt, Sermones de Tempore. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information