[Découpage with silhouettes of the Duke of Grafton, the Duchess of Grafton, and Voltaire] [art original].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Découpage with silhouettes of the Duke of Grafton, the Duchess of Grafton, and Voltaire] [art original].
- [Découpage with silhouettes of the Duke of Grafton, the Duchess of Grafton, and Voltaire] [art original].
- Huber, Jean, 1721-1786, artist
- Published / Created
- [1761 or 1762]
- Publication Place
Four pages mounted together with two pages (left and right) of silhouettes in three rows cut from white cardboard and mounted on a single sheet of black. The second sheet from the right includes a silhouette in profileAt the top of the sheet, the Duke of Grafton; in the middle the Duchess of Grafton; at the bottom, Voltaire
Jean Huber (1721-1786), Swiss silhouette artist.
The silhouette of the Duchess of Grafton with a child in a cradle to her left, annotated in Horace Walpole's hand: "Anne Duchess of Grafton cut at Geneva by Monsieur Hubert [sic] 1762".
Possibly the silhouette sent to Walpole 1772 Nov. 15. See Yale edition of Horace Walpole's Correspondence, volume 5, pages 439.
Four works matted together: Jean Huber's Découpage with three silhouettes; Lady Catherine Hamilton's, Découpage in the manner of Monsieur Huber; Collage of Walpoliana; Lady Catherine Hamilton's, Découpage with women, children, and dancers.
- 1 item : sheet 22 x 15 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- SH Contents H877 no. 1++ Box 305
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- collage ;
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Grafton, Augustus Henry Fitzroy, Duke of, 1735-1811
Upper Ossory, Anne Liddell Fitzpatrick, Countess of, d.1804.
Grafton, Augustus Henry Fitzroy, Duke of, 1735-1811 > Portraits
Upper Ossory, Anne Liddell Fitzpatrick, Countess of, d.1804
Voltaire, 1694-1778 > Portraits
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ms. notes
Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 > Ownership
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Jean Huber, Découpage with Silhouettes of the Duke of Grafton, Duchess of Grafton, and Voltaire. The Lewis Walpole Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)