Life of St. John the Baptist
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Life of St. John the Baptist
- Life of St. John the Baptist
- John,--the Baptist, Saint
- Published / Created
- 1455 November 11
- Publication Place
- Italy (Florence),
Manuscript on paper of the Life of Saint John the Baptist. Manuscript also contains a formulary for addressing Latin letters to ecclesiastical authorities and dignitaries, as well as a sermon and vision about Saint John the Baptist.
Binding: 20th century marbled brown paper binding.
Manuscript on paper containing: 1) Formulary for addressing Latin letters to pope Calixtus III (1455-1458) and various other Italian ecclesiastical authorities and dignitaries, ending with emperor Frederick III (1452-1493) and Charles VII, King of France (1422-1461). 2) Life of St. John the Baptist in Italian. 3) Sermon on St. John the Baptist, attributed to St. Bernard of Clairvaux. 4) Vision about St. John the Baptist, incomplete and of difficult legibility.
Script: article 1 is copied in Gothica Semitextualis Libraria (Mercantesca); the other articles in Gothica Semitextualis Currens (Mercantesca), sometimes of difficult legibility. There is no decoration.
- ff. 45 : paper; 285 x 215 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 878
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Life of St. John the Baptist. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information