Rhyme concordance to Petrarch's vernacular poetical works
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Rhyme concordance to Petrarch's vernacular poetical works
- Rhyme concordance to Petrarch's vernacular poetical works
- Petrarca, Francesco, 1304-1374
- Published / Created
- [between 1500 and 1550]
- Publication Place
- Northern Italy (Venice),
Manuscript on paper in 2 volumes of a rhyme concordance (rimario) to the vernacular poetical works of Francesco Petrarca (1304-1374), arranged in an approximate alphabetical order, with numbered references to the pages or folios of an unidentified edition of 374 pages or folios (this being the highest number to which references are made).
Binding: Sixteenth century. Venetian de luxe bindings, brown morocco over pasteboard. The covers are bordered with blind-tooled and gold-tooled fillets; gold-tooled corner pieces and in the center gold-tooled coat of arms with two lilies of the Fugger family. On the front cover of vol. 1 are the gold-tooled vowels "A" and "E", on the front cover of vol. 2 the vowels "I", "O" and "V", referring to the content of both volumes. Gold- and blind-tooled spine with three raised bands. Red and green headbands. Gilt and gauffered edges. Marks of four pairs of ties.
Script: Copied by one scribe in rapid Gothico-Humanistica Cursiva.
Watermark: Anchor within a circle, Briquet 586-589.
- ff. ii + 228 + iii : paper ; 155 x 105 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 881
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Rhyme Concordance to Petrarch's Vernacular Poetical Works. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information