- Dialogus samuelis
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1510]
- Publication Place
- No place,
- Manuscript of 1) Dialogus Samuelis comico stilo exarata incipit foeliciter adolescens: 5 chapters of a dialogue between a young man and a young woman. 2) 8 chapters from a manual on letter writing. Bound with a printed text: Gerson, Jean (1363-142), Sermo de passione domini: Nuper e Galiico... (Strassburg: [Mathias Schuerer], 1510).
- The woodcuts in this work are allegorical pictures containing the Evangelists’ symbols and figures referring to the principal subjects dealt with in each gospel. Some are hand-coloured. The leaf containing the first imago for Matthew is missing and is kept separately as MS 907.2
- ff. i + 240 + i ; 202 x 151 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 907
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Gerson, Jean,--1363-1429
- Subject (Topic)
Church year sermons--Early works to 1800
Dialogues, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Letter writing--Early works to 1800
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Dialogus Samuelis, etc. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information