Commentum in Cantica Canticorum
- Commentum in Cantica Canticorum
- Halgrin, John
- Published / Created
- [between 1250 and 1300]
- Publication Place
- France (Southern France?),
- Manuscript on parchment of Iohannes Halgrinus de Abbatisvilla (d. 1237), Commentum in Cantica Canticorum. With a table of the lemmata commented in art. 1, referring to the original foliation.
Binding: Limp parchment, consisting of a 17th century document in English, the blank verso of which is at the outer side. Gilt edges.
First pages stained; from about f. 41 the lower outer corners of the leaves are damaged without loss of text.
Red underlining of the lemmata. Red captions in the margins. 3-line red plain initial at the beginning of art. 1.
Script: Copied by one hand in very small Gothica Textualis Libraria, marked by d with a very long ascender, the southern form of tironian et, and occasional lengthening of the ascenders on the top line and the descenders on the bottom line.
- ff. iii + 50 + ii : parchment ; 105 x 75 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 911
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscript waste (Binding)
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Halgrin, John
- Subject (Topic)
Bible.--O.T.--Song of Solomon
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- John Halgrin, Commentum in Cantica Canticorum. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information