Excerpts from Plato and Pliny the Elder, etc.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Excerpts from Plato and Pliny the Elder, etc.
- Excerpts from Plato and Pliny the Elder, etc.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Italy (Florence ?),
Manuscript on paper of 1) Excerpts from Plato (427-347 B.C.), De legibus, in Latin translation. 2) Excerpts from Plinius Maior (23-79), Naturalis historia, C. Mayhoff, ed. (Teubner, 1906 ff.), Books 27-37. With an additional text: Italian remedy for healing ringworm.
Artt. 1-3: a few red or pale red headings; Paragraph marks, capitals and stroking of the majuscules in the same colour. The running headlines indicate the number of the Dialogue or Book excerpted on the page below; they are in black in art. 1, in red (e.g. "Li.// 28") in artt. 2-3. Artt. 4-5 are undecorated.
Binding: Nineteenth century (?). Mottled beige paper over pasteboard.
Script: Artt. 1-3 are copied by one hand writing Humanistica Cursiva Libraria with relatively many abbreviations. The numerous marginal lemmata, headings or Nota-marks are, apart from a few later additions, by the same hand. Artt. 4-5 are by two different 16th century Italian hands.
Watermark: a horn (var. Briquet 7686). An unknown number of bifolios is missing between ff. 28 and 29.
- ff. i + 56 + i : paper ; 290 x 115 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 920
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Excerpts from Plato and Pliny the Elder. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information