Simone da Cascia
- Simone da Cascia
- Simone Fidati, da Cascia, d. 1348
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1350]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper containing 1) A short commentary on Mt. 23:2, against those who wrongly interpret the Scriptures and against simoniacs. 2) Simone Fidati da Cascia OESA (c. 1280-1348), L'ordine della vita cristiana. 3) Italian poetry: (a) Sonnet attributed to Dante (1265-1321); (b) attributed to Petrarch (1304-1374); (c) Dante, Divina Commedia, Inferno 34.1-12 (not a sonnet); (d) Sonnet by Antonio Pucci (1309-1388; often attributed to Domenico di Giovanni, called Burchiello, 1404-1449), Carboni, Incipitario, 785.
Binding: Early quarter binding, undecorated ... leather and beech boards. Spine with three raised bands and remnants of a printed paper title label: "[Tr]attato / della Vit[a] / Cristian[a] / di F. / Simone / da Casci[a]". Remnants of one clasp, attached to the rear board. On the front board the large 18th century (?) pressmark written in black ink "25."
In art. 2 red headings, heightening of majuscules and 2- or 3-line plain initials in the same colour, with guide letters; some initials have a slight penwork decoration. The additional texts are not decorated.
Original foliation in Arabic numerals. Quires strengthened at inner and outer sides by means of parchments stays, cut from an erased manuscript.
Script: Art. 2 is copied by one hand in Gothica Cursiva Libraria/Formata (Cancelleresca). The scribe Agniolo Donati is unrecorded. A slightly later hand copied the additional art. 1 in Gothica Cursiva Libraria. Art. 3 was added by a hand writing a rapid Gothica Cursiva Libraria/Currens difficult to decipher.
- ff. 48 ; paper
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 929
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Simone Fidati,--da Cascia,--d. 1348
- Subject (Topic)
Christian literature, Italian
Italian poetry--To 1400
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Simone da Cascia. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information