The secrets of Trop peau disclosed, or, The imbecille alliance of tyranny to crush the universal spirit of liberty defeated [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The secrets of Trop peau disclosed, or, The imbecille alliance of tyranny to crush the universal spirit of liberty defeated [graphic].
- The secrets of Trop peau disclosed, or, The imbecille alliance of tyranny to crush the universal spirit of liberty defeated [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Secrets of Troppeau disclosed
- Heath, William, 1790-184-, engraver
- Fores, S. W. publisher
- Published / Created
- [30 January 1821]
- Publication Place
- Pub. Jany 30, 1821, by S.W. Fores, 41 Picadilly
The three chief autocratic sovereigns of Europe -- Alexander of Russia, Francis I of Austria, and Frederick William of Prussia -- sit on a section of a map of the globe which swings above a fire that is labelled 'liberty' and is being blown by the winds in the form of three cherubs heads. Frederick William's sword points to Sicily, Alexander's to Portugal, and Francis's to Naples
Title from item.
On verso, printseller's ticket: Tomlinson, Print and bookseller, Stationer &c., No. 3 Wades-Passage, Bath.
- 1 print : plate mark 24.7 x 35 cm, on sheet 28 x 38 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Caricatures and cartoons
Satires (Visual works) England 1821
Etchings England London 1821
Booksellers' labels (Provenance) Tomlinson
Paper (Watermarks) J Whatman 1820
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Subject (Name)
Alexander I, Emperor of Russia, 1777-1825
Francis I, Emperor of Austria, 1768-1835
Frederick William III, King of Prussia, 1770-1840
- Subject (Topic)
- Politics and government
Alexander I, Emperor of Russia, 1777-1825 > Caricatures and cartoons
Francis I, Emperor of Austria, 1768-1835 > Caricatures and cartoons
Frederick William III, King of Prussia, 1770-1840 > Caricatures and cartoons
Holy Alliance > Caricatures and cartoons
Europe > Politics and government > 1815-1848 > Pictorial works
England > 1821
England > London > 1821
J Whatman > 1820
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)