Baltic, New London County, Connecticut.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Baltic, New London County, Connecticut.
- Baltic, New London County, Connecticut.
- Alternative Title
May 1911, Baltic, Conn.
- Sanborn Map Company, issuing body
- Published / Created
Sanborn fire insurance maps are a rich source of historic data on the urban built environment of North America during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The atlases were created for the purpose of underwriting fire insurance policies, which depended upon accurate and frequently-updated information about construction materials, municipal and transportation infrastructure, industrial and commercial landuse and more. The Yale University Library Map Department scanned its holdings of Sanborn fire insurance maps (consisting primarily of Connecticut towns) in order to make the maps more accessible.
"3738, 3 sheets."
Contains information on population, prevailing winds, water facilities and fire department.
Includes index of specials.
Partial cadastral map.
SMLMAPL 766 B217 1911: Imperfect: sheet slightly chipped and torn, with no loss of text. Sheets disbound.
1 atlas (3 leaves)
- Scale 1:600. 50 ft. to an inch.
- 600 and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 766 B217 1911
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Fire insurance maps
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Sprague (Conn. : Town)--Maps
- Subject (Topic)
Fire risk assessment--Connecticut--Sprague (Town)--Maps
Real property--Connecticut--Sprague (Town)--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)