Marriage a la mode. engraved from the original picture / [graphic] : Plate I
Lewis Walpole Library > Marriage a la mode. engraved from the original picture / [graphic] : Plate I
- Marriage a la mode. engraved from the original picture / [graphic] : Plate I
- Alternative Title
- Marriage settlement
- Earlom, Richard, 1743-1822, printmaker
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764, artist.
John and Josiah Boydell (Firm), publisher.
- Published / Created
- [4 June 1795]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. June 4, 1795 by J. & J. Boydell, No. 90, Cheapside, & at the Shakspeare Gallery, Pall-Mall, London
"'The Marriage Settlement' (after the painting by Hogarth in National Gallery); a grand interior where Earl Squander and a city merchant arrange the marriage of their son and daughter; the extravagantly dressed young man looks at his reflection in a glass while his future bride listens to the lawyer's soft words; through the window is a view of a palatial house under construction."--British Museum online catalogue
Title from British Museum online catalogue.
Title engraved below image.
"Size of picture ft. 3 by 2 ft. in. 4."
Copy of: Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 3, no. 2692.
Copy of: Paulson, R. Hogarth's graphic works (3rd ed.), no. 158.
Copy of: Paulson, R. Hogarth's graphic works (1st ed.), no. 228.
- 1 print : plate mark 49.6 x 63.0 cm, on sheet 50.4 x 64.3 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Hogarth 795.06.04.04++ Box 310
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1795
Engravings England London 1795
Mezzotints England London 1795
- mezzotint ; and laid paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1795
England > London > 1795
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)