[An amazonian dress] [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > [An amazonian dress] [graphic].
- [An amazonian dress] [graphic].
- Woodward, G. M. (George Moutard), approximately 1760-1809, printmaker
- Published / Created
- [26 May 1797]
- Publication Place
- Pubd. May 26, 1797, by G.M. Woodward, Berners Street
A young woman is fashionably dressed in high-waisted dress, spencer jacket, high neckcloth and a beaver hat with a plume. She wears as a pendant a miniature of an officer and holds a large hand-muff in one hand. Her small dog is befitted with jacket and ribbons
Title devised by cataloger based on the text this image illustrates.
Numbered 'Plate 8' in upper left corner.
Plate from: An Olio of Good Breeding : With Sketches Illustrative of the Modern Graces!! / by G.M. Woodward. London : Printed for the author and sold by W. Clarke ..., .
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Temporary local subject terms: Female dress -- Fashion -- Pets.
- 1 print : plate mark 20.9 x 15.1 cm, on sheet 27 x 21 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1797
Etchings England London 1797
- etching ; and wove paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
England > 1797
England > London > 1797
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)