Falls Village, Conn.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Falls Village, Conn.
- Falls Village, Conn.
- Sanborn Map Company, issuing body
- Published / Created
Sanborn fire insurance maps are a rich source of historic data on the urban built environment of North America during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The atlases were created for the purpose of underwriting fire insurance policies, which depended upon accurate and frequently-updated information about construction materials, municipal and transportation infrastructure, industrial and commercial landuse and more. The Yale University Library Map Department scanned its holdings of Sanborn fire insurance maps (consisting primarily of Connecticut towns) in order to make the maps more accessible.
Contains information on population, prevailing winds, water facilities and fire department.
Partial cadastral map.
SMLMAPL 766 F19 1909: "Triplicate" stamp and Library of Congress copyright stamp.
- Scale 1:600. 50 ft. to an inch.
- (W 73°21'57''--W 73°21'38''/N 41°57'25''--N 41°57'13'')., 600, and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 766 F19 1909
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Cadastral maps--Connecticut--Falls Village--1909
Fire insurance maps--Connecticut--Falls Village--1909
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Falls Village (Conn.)--Maps
- Subject (Name)
- Library of Congress Stamp
- Subject (Topic)
Fire risk assessment--Connecticut--Falls Village--Maps
Real property--Connecticut--Falls Village--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)