Going out, view of the Berkeley hunt kennel, Cheltenham [graphic]
Lewis Walpole Library > Going out, view of the Berkeley hunt kennel, Cheltenham [graphic]
- Going out, view of the Berkeley hunt kennel, Cheltenham [graphic]
- Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856, printmaker
Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856, artist.
Sherwood, Jones, and Co., publisher.
- Published / Created
- Octr. 1, 1825.
- Publication Place
- Published by Sherwood & Co.
Huntsmen and hounds with moutned members of the hunt are in an enclosure flanked by corn-stacks and resembling a farmyard, except for a boiling-house with a tall chimeny and joints of meat hanging from the gable-end of a building. The artist (Robert Crukshank) sits (right) sketching; 'Blackmantle', stands beside him pointing. Behind is a large church. The Berkeley hourds, a double pack, were kept alternately during the season at Cheltenham and Gloucester. British Museum catalogue
Title from caption below image.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
- 1 print : sheet 15.7 x 24 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1825
Etchings England London 1825
Aquatints England London 1825
- aquatint and etching ; and wove paper.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Geographic)
- Cheltenham (England)
- Subject (Name)
- Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856,
- Subject (Topic)
Cruikshank, Robert, 1789-1856
England > 1825
England > London > 1825
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)