[Groups from Hogarth's "Beer Street". F] [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Groups from Hogarth's "Beer Street". F] [graphic].
- [Groups from Hogarth's "Beer Street". F] [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Beer Street.
- Riepenhausen, Ernst Ludwig, 1765-1840
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764
- Published / Created
- [not before 1787]
- Publication Place
- [publisher not identified]
Plate lettered in the top center 'F': Reverse copies of details from figures from the lower left corner of Hogarth's "Beer Street". Numbered 1: The fat butcher sits laughing (lower right) with a tankard of ale barely visible in his right hand. Standing above and behind him is the cooper or blacksmith wearing a cap and an apron with a pair of tongs at his waist. In his left hand he holds a large tankard of ale with a large head of foam.
Maggs; December 1963; Acquisitions no.: 963-12-3.
Mounted with one other print. To view other title, search by call number: Hogarth 787.00.00.46
Not in Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Plate from: Lichtenberg's Göttinger Taschen Kalender.
Printmaker and date from other prints in this series in the British Museum online catalogue.
Title devised by cataloger.
- 1 print : etching ; sheet 10.0 x 5.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Hogarth 787.00.00.46 Box 115
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)