[Groups from Hogarth's "Credulity, superstition and fanaticism". D] [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > [Groups from Hogarth's "Credulity, superstition and fanaticism". D] [graphic].
- [Groups from Hogarth's "Credulity, superstition and fanaticism". D] [graphic].
- Riepenhausen, Ernst Ludwig, 1765-1840
- Published / Created
- [not before 1787]
- Publication Place
- publisher not identified
Plate lettered in the top center 'D': Reverse copies of details from Hogarth's "Credulity, superstition and fanaticism: a medley". Each item is numbered; 1. The clerk surrounded by angel heads (2,3). The clerk holds an opened book which rests on a pulpit from which hangs a sign lettered "Only love to us be gev'n Lord we ask no other Heav'n. Hymn by G. Whitfield [sic] page 130."; 4. Another two figures below. The one on the left weeps into a cloth; the other looks up as a demon whispers in his ear
Title devised by cataloger.
Printmaker and date from other prints in this series in the British Museum online catalogue.
Plate from: Lichtenberg's Göttinger Taschen Kalender.
Not in Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
- 1 print : sheet 10.0 x 5.8 cm
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
- Hogarth 787.00.00.44 Box 115
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) Germany 1787
Etchings Germany 1787
- etching ;
- Subject (Name)
- Hogarth, William, 1697-1764.
- Subject (Topic)
Hogarth, William, 1697-1764
Germany > 1787
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)