The artillery driver [graphic].
Lewis Walpole Library > The artillery driver [graphic].
- The artillery driver [graphic].
Dighton, Robert, 1752-1814, artist.
Bowles, Carington, 1724-1793, publisher.
- Published / Created
- published as the act directs 9 Novr. 1792.
- Publication Place
- Printed for & sold by Carington Bowles, No. 69 St. Paul's Church Yard
A yokel in a smock-frock and military hat stands in the foreground holding a whip; behind him in the field are the tents of a military camp with soldiers milling around. On the tent nearest the yokel is written the word "Demezy", above the Prince of Wales's feathers
Title from text below image.
After Dighton. See British Museum catalogue.
Three columns of verse engraved below title: I once was a waggoner sly and dry, as e'er jogg'd over the downs ...
Numbered '624' in lower left corner of plate.
- 1 print : plate mark 35.5 x 25 cm, on sheet 44 x 29 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been no.
- Lewis Walpole Library
- Call Number
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Satires (Visual works) England 1792
Mezzotints England London 1792
- mezzotint ; and laid paper hand-colored.
- Resource Type
- still image
- Subject (Topic)
England > 1792
England > London > 1792
Military life > Poetry
Military camps > British
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)