Insurance maps of New London, including Groton, Connecticut.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Insurance maps of New London, including Groton, Connecticut.
- Insurance maps of New London, including Groton, Connecticut.
- Alternative Title
New London, including Groton, Connecticut
Oct. 1907, New London, Conn.
- Sanborn Map Company, issuing body
- Published / Created
Sanborn fire insurance maps are a rich source of historic data on the urban built environment of North America during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The atlases were created for the purpose of underwriting fire insurance policies, which depended upon accurate and frequently-updated information about construction materials, municipal and transportation infrastructure, industrial and commercial landuse and more. The Yale University Library Map Department scanned its holdings of Sanborn fire insurance maps (consisting primarily of Connecticut towns) in order to make the maps more accessible.
"42 sheets. (9817)."
Contains information on population, prevailing winds, water facilities and fire department.
Includes index of streets and specials.
Partial cadastral map.
SMLMAPL 766 N47 1907: Sheets disbound. "Triplicate" stamp on all sheets. Library of Congress copyright stamp on title sheet.
The unnumbered leaf is the title and index sheet.
1 atlas (1 unnumbered leaf, 42 leaves)
- Scale 1:600. 50 ft. to an inch.
- 600 and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 766 N47 1907
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Fire insurance maps
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
New London (Conn.)--Maps
- Subject (Name)
- Library of Congress Stamp
- Subject (Topic)
Fire risk assessment--Connecticut--Groton--Maps
Fire risk assessment--Connecticut--New London--Maps
Real property--Connecticut--New London--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)