[Treatises in Anglo-Norman verse].
- [Treatises in Anglo-Norman verse].
- Biblesworth, Walter de, Bozon, Nicole, fl. 1300-1320, Grosseteste, Robert, 1175?-1253, and Hues, de Tabarie
- Published / Created
- [circa 1300-1349]
- Publication Place
- England ;
- Manuscript, on parchment, in two Gothic bookhands, containig copies of Walter of Biblesworth (Bibbesworth), Le tretiz ff.1-27v; Nicholas Bozon (c.1280-1320), Les proverbes de bons enseignements, here called Liber de proverbiis sapientie, ff.28-40v; Hue de Tabarie, Ordre de la chevalerie ff.42-53v; Le mariage des ix filles du diable, often attributed to Robert Grosseteste (1170-1253), bishop of Lincoln but here described as St Maurice, bishop of Paris's translation from the Latin, ff.54-67. The text of Le tretiz contains numerous interlineations and side notes in Middle English.
Binding: contemporary chemise binding of white leather over corded boards.
Decoration: some rubrication of initials.
From the library of Lacock Abbey. From the library of Sir Henry Sharington. Purchased from Bernard Quaritch, Ltd. (Christies sale 8002, lot 12) on the James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Fund and the Edwin J. Beinecke Book Fund, 2011.
In Anglo-Norman French with Middle English glosses and annotations.
Ownership inscriptions of Sir Henry Sharington (d. 1581).
Script: Gothic bookhand.
- iv l. + 67 l. + ii l. : parchment ; 208 x 135 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn a56
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Manuscripts, Medieval--England--13th century.--local
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Biblesworth, Walter de
Lacock Abbey (England)--Ownership
Sharington, Henry,--Sir,--d. 1581--Autograph
- Subject (Topic)
Administration of estates--Early works to 1800
Chivalry--Early works to 1800
Conduct of life--Early works to 1800
French language--Study and teaching--Early works to 1800
French language--To 1500
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement
- Walter de Biblesworth, Treatiz de Gualter de Biblesworth. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information