Dialogue of comfort against tribulation
- Dialogue of comfort against tribulation
- More, Thomas, Sir, Saint, 1478-1535
- Published / Created
- [circa 1540-1550]
- Manuscript, on paper, in Anglicana and secretary script, with headings in Gothic bookhand, produced in England in the 1540s.
Binding: modern limp vellum with green ties.
Ex libris Sir Geoffrey Pole. Purchased from Sotheby's on the James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Fund, 1986.
Only two other manuscript texts are known.
The title given is "A dyalogue of comforte by an hungaryan in latyne and translated owte of latyne in to Frenche and owte of Frenche in to Englishe."
Watermark: hand with the initials "PB" resembling Bricquet 11383 (Neuberg, 1537), and a pot.
- 1 v. (119 ff.) ; 30 cm. x 20 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn fa27
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Thomas More, Dialogue of Comfort Against Tribulation. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information