- Poetria nova
- Geoffrey, of Vinsauf, fl. 1200
- Published / Created
- [circa 1400]
- Manuscript, on paper, in Gothic bookhand by several different scribes, produced in Northern Italy around 1400.
Binding: modern quarter calf binding.
Decoration: large initial P, characteristic of late fourteenth or early fifteenth century Northern Italian initials (f. 1r); two heads, one of a bishop (f. 43r); rubricated initials at section headings.
Inscription: "Liber elisey de piasiis; Puluis ut inuentum sic desunt septra potentum."
Inscription: "Liber guidini et jacobi de piasiis."
Lines 2081-98 of the printed text, a section missing from many versions, appear at the end (after line 2116).
Purchased for the James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection.
Watermark: similar to Bricquet 4001 (Venice, 1401) and 4002 (Bergamo, 1402).
- 1 vol. (43 ff.) ; 28 cm. x 21 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn fa60
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Geoffrey,--of Vinsauf,--fl. 1200
- Subject (Topic)
Didactic literature, Latin (Medieval and modern)
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Geoffrey of Vinsauf, Poetria Nova. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information