De ecclesiastica hierarchia
- De ecclesiastica hierarchia
- Pseudo-Dionysius, the Areopagite
- Published / Created
- [between 1500 and 1600]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on paper (unidentified watermarks along upper edge) of Ps.-Dionysius the Aereopagite, De ecclesiastica hierarchia, translated into Latin by John the Scot.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Quarter bound in brown leather with olive green paper sides. Parts of edges daubed bluish-green.
Purchased from C. A. Stonehill in 1957 by Thomas E. Marston.
Script: Written by a single scribe in a stylized gothic script.
Spaces for decorative initials left unfilled. Headings, paragraph marks and running headlines in red.
- ff. i + 40 + i : paper ; 180 x 115 (113 x 80) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 131
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- mixed material
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Erigena, Johannes Scotus,--ca. 810-ca. 877
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Mysticism--Early works to 1800
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Ps.-Dionysius the Aereopagite, De Ecclesiastica Hierarchia. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 131.
- Orbis Record
- More Information