- Priscian, fl. ca. 500-530
- Published / Created
- [between 830 and 875]
- Publication Place
- Western France,
- Manuscript fragment on two parchment bifolia (thick) of Priscian, Institutiones, containing the conclusion of Bk. III (chs. 34-44) and part of Bk. IV (chs. 9-20). The text here is accompanied by modest contemporary interlinear glosses, primarily in Latin with a few in Breton.
Binding: Unbound; boxed. Two disbound bifolia removed from unidentified binding; originally cut in at five supports and kettle stitches. Discoloration from turn-ins and traces of boss attachments.
Heading touched with red and enclosed in a red rectangle. Initial letters stroked with red or yellow (faded).
Leaves stained and affected by pen trials.
Script: Written in elegant caroline minuscule script. Heading on f. 2v in rustic capitals.
- ff. 4 : parchment ; 315 x 215 (260 x 168) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 138
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Priscian, Institutiones. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 138.
- Orbis Record
- More Information