De regimine principum
- De regimine principum
- Giles, of Rome, Archbishop of Bourges, ca. 1243-1316
- Published / Created
- [between 1300 and 1325]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment (poor quality, pieced) of Aegidius Romanus, De regimine principum.
Binding: Nineteenth century, France. Black goatskin, blind-tooled, with gold-tooled doublures. Bound by L. Magnin, Lyon. Stains from fore-edge clasps of earlier binding on early parchment flyleaf.
Divided intials, red and blue, 6- to 5-line, with pen flourishes in red and blue, mark major text divisions; initial on f. 1r has simple border extending down inner margin. Small initials, 3- to 2-line, alternate red and blue, with penwork flourishes in opposite color. Headings (some missing) and running headlines in red. Paragraph marks alternate red and blue. Notes to rubricator.
Purchased from Emile Rossignol of Paris in 1958 by L. C. Witten, who sold it in 1959 to Thomas E. Marston.
Script: Written by multiple scribes in small gothic bookhand.
- ff. iii + i + 179 + iii : parchment ; 175 x 130 (125 x 88) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Marston MS 139
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Aegidius Romanus, De Regimine Principum. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Marston MS 139.
- Orbis Record
- More Information