Winsted and West Winsted, Connecticut.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Winsted and West Winsted, Connecticut.
- Winsted and West Winsted, Connecticut.
- Alternative Title
- Sep. 1897, Winsted and W. Winsted, Conn.
- Sanborn-Perris Map Co., issuing body
- Published / Created
Sanborn fire insurance maps are a rich source of historic data on the urban built environment of North America during the 19th and early 20th centuries. The atlases were created for the purpose of underwriting fire insurance policies, which depended upon accurate and frequently-updated information about construction materials, municipal and transportation infrastructure, industrial and commercial landuse and more. The Yale University Library Map Department scanned its holdings of Sanborn fire insurance maps (consisting primarily of Connecticut towns) in order to make the maps more accessible.
"9 sheets 1442."
Contains information on population, prevailing winds, water facilities and fire department.
Includes index of streets and specials.
Partial cadastral map.
SMLMAPL 766 W73 1897: Sheets disbound. "Triplicate" stamp on sheets. Library of Congress copyright stamp on title sheet.
1 atlas (9 leaves)
- Scale 1:600. 50 ft. to an inch.
- 600 and a
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- 766 W73 1897
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Fire insurance maps--Connecticut--Winsted--1897
- Resource Type
- Maps, Atlases & Globes
- Subject (Geographic)
- Winsted (Conn.)--Maps
- Subject (Name)
- Library of Congress Stamp
- Subject (Topic)
Fire risk assessment--Connecticut--Winsted--Maps
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)