Funerall teares and consolations, [ca. 1650].
- Funerall teares and consolations, [ca. 1650].
- Codrington, Robert, d. 1665
- Published / Created
- [ca. 1650]
- Manuscript on paper, in an Italic hand, of two elegiac poems titled "Funerall teares and consolations" and "Lachrymae funebres" mourning the death of Winifred Fitzwilliam (d. 1635), and dedicated to her father, Baron William Fitzwilliam of Liffer County, Donegal. Prefaced by a rhyming epitaph.
Binding: full sheep; remnants of gold-tooled decoration.
The paper on p. 44 is dyed black and written upon with silver ink.
- 1 v. (60 p.) ; 21 x 18 cm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Osborn b87
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Robert Codrington, Funerall Teares and Consolations. James Marshall and Marie-Louise Osborn Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record