All fours [graphic] / design'd by H.W. Bunbury Esqr.
- All fours [graphic] / design'd by H.W. Bunbury Esqr.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1783 March 14
- Copyright Date
- [14 March 1783]
- Publication Place
- J. R. Smith, no. 83 Oxford Street, London
- "Design in an oval. Two men playing cards at a small round table. The man on the right pulls out an ace of spades from the five cards in his hand and shows it with a grimace of satisfaction. His opponent (left), in profile to the right, looks at it with an expression of consternation, frowning and opening his mouth wide. The pack and other cards lie on the table. The men are probably portraits. The successful player is middle-aged, plainly dressed, with a bob-wig; the other is younger, very thin, and more fashionably dressed, with a long pigtail queue."--British Museum online catalogue.
Questionably attributed to Rowlandson in the British Museum catalogue.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on laid paper, hand-colored ; oval image 32.1 x 38.8 cm, on sheet 34.4 x 39.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 1 of 2) | Folder I-17
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 5, no. 6341
- Orbis Record
- More Information