[Village scene] [art original].
- [Village scene] [art original].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, artist.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- [between 1772 and 1825]
- Publication Place
Attributed to Rowlandson by curator.
Date based on Rowlandson's active years. See Dictionary of National Biography.
From a collection in fourteen volumes compiled by Francis Harvey and dispersed at auction, Sotheby, London, June 1900. Sold at Sotheby, London, 12 March 1919. Bequest of Hugh Dudley Auchincloss to Yale University Library, 1981. Bound by Riviere & Son in three-quarters red morocco with gold tooling and gold lettering on spine.
Title devised by curator.
- 1 drawing : watercolor on wove paper ; sheet 15 x 23.7 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
No linguistic content; Not applicable
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 1 of 2) | Folder I-27a
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Thomas Rowlandson, Village Scene. Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information