[Horse and chaise] [graphic] / Rowlandson.
- [Horse and chaise] [graphic] / Rowlandson.
- Alternative Title
- Cabriolet and Gig
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- E. Jackson, no. 14 Mary-le-Bone Street, Golden Square
- "A chaise or cabriolet yoked to a horse at right, a man standing by the horse's head in profile to left; outside an inn, barrels by a door behind at right."--British Museum online catalogue.
Date of publication from fifth plate in the series.
Fourth plate in a series of eight etched plates illustrating various carts, carriages, wagons, and horses. See: Yale Center for British Art, call no.: Folio A 2011 80.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed within plate mark with partial loss of imprint statement. Missing text supplied from impression in the British Museum, registration no.: 1870,1008.2849.
Plate from: Rowlandson, T. A new book of horses and carriages. [London] : Pubd. by E. Jackson ..., .
Title assigned to plate by the Yale Center for British Art: A gig.
Title devised by curator.
Title given by Grego: A cabriolet.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 9.9 x 16.7 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 2 of 2) | Folder I-28c
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 151
- Orbis Record
- More Information