[Horses and lumber cart] [graphic] / Rowlandson.
- [Horses and lumber cart] [graphic] / Rowlandson.
- Alternative Title
- Loading a timber waggon and Timber waggon
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- E. Jackson, no. 14 Mary-le-Bone Street, Golden Square
- "A wagon loaded with timber at left, on which a man is kneeling, the wagon yoked to four blinkered horses."--British Museum online catalogue.
Date of publication from fifth plate in the series.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed within plate mark with some loss of design from lower right and with loss of bottom half of lettering at beginning of imprint. Imprint is still legible.
Plate from: Rowlandson, T. A new book of horses and carriages. [London] : Pubd. by E. Jackson ..., .
Second plate in a series of eight etched plates illustrating various carts, carriages, wagons, and horses. See: Yale Center for British Art, call no.: Folio A 2011 80.
Title assigned to plate by the Yale Center for British Art: Loading a timber waggon.
Title devised by curator.
Title given by Grego: A timber waggon.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 12.1 x 17.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 2 of 2) | Folder I-28d
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 151
- Orbis Record
- More Information