[Men conversing near horses and cart] [graphic] / Rowlandson 1784.
- [Men conversing near horses and cart] [graphic] / Rowlandson 1784.
- Alternative Title
- Dray horses. Draymen and maltsters and Draymen and empty cart
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- "Draymen and empty cart; a large cart on heavy wheels at right and another beyond at left, two rustics conversing in front at centre; four heavy horses at left, the one in the foreground fitted with a yoke, a small dog sitting on the ground in front."--British Museum online catalogue.
Plate from: Rowlandson, T. A new book of horses and carriages. [London] : Pubd. by E. Jackson ..., .
Publisher from title page for the series.
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Sixth plate in a series of eight etched plates illustrating various carts, carriages, wagons, and horses. See: Yale Center for British Art, call no.: Folio A 2011 80.
Title assigned to plate by the Yale Center for British Art: Draymen and empty cart.
Title devised by curator.
Title given by Grego: Dray horses. Draymen and maltsters.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper ; sheet 14.7 x 25 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 2 of 2) | Folder I-29a
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 151
- Orbis Record
- More Information