[A party of ice skaters] [graphic].
- [A party of ice skaters] [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- [not before 1795]
- Publication Place
- "Skaters of varying competence on a frozen river, some to right and left sitting at stalls and having skates fitted; strip cut from a sheet of a drawing book."--British Museum online catalogue.
Attributed to Rowlandson in the British Museum online catalogue.
Date of publication based on Fores's street address, to which he moved ca. 1795-1797. See British Museum online catalogue.
Imperfect; sheet trimmed within plate mark with nearly complete loss of imprint and probable loss of additional images. Imprint statement supplied from impression in the British Museum, registration no.: 1874,0509.114.
Reissue of a plate from: Rowlandson, T. Outlines of figures & landscapes. [London] : Publish'd by S.W. Fores, No. 3 Piccadilly ..., [1790-92].
Reissue, with altered imprint statement, of a plate originally published with the imprint "Pub Aug. 6, 1790, by S.W. Fores, N. 3 Piccadilly." Cf. British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1867,1214.437.
Title devised by curator.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 7.1 x 26.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 2 of 2) | Folder I-32e
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record
- More Information