Brewers drays [graphic] / Rowlandson.
- Brewers drays [graphic] / Rowlandson.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- E. Jackson, no. 14 Mary-le-Bone Street, Golden Square
- "View of a brewery yard with two large dray horses harnessed and standing nose to tail in the foreground, a dog beside them rubbing his face with his left forepaw. Two more dray horses are standing beyond harnessed to a cart; a pulley extends above them from a building from on the left; on the right, a burly man manoeuvres barrels in front of another building with two gables; in the background, the gateway of the yard with pillars on either side topped by globes; further buildings and a church spire beyond."--British Museum online catalogue.
Date of publication from fifth plate in the series.
Plate from: Rowlandson, T. A new book of horses and carriages. [London] : Pubd. by E. Jackson ..., .
Sheet trimmed within plate mark.
Third plate in a series of eight etched plates illustrating various carts, carriages, wagons, and horses. See: Yale Center for British Art, call no.: Folio A 2011 80.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper ; sheet 18.3 x 29.9 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 1
- Collection Title
- The political and humourous works of Thomas Rowlandson, 1774-1825
- Collection/Other Creator
- Harvey, Francis
- Collection Created
- Container / Volume Information
- Vol. 1 (Box 2 of 2) | Folder I-34a
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 187
- Orbis Record
- More Information