Nap in the country [graphic] / Rowlandson '85 ; Nap in town / Rowlandson 1785.
- Nap in the country [graphic] / Rowlandson '85 ; Nap in town / Rowlandson 1785.
- Alternative Title
- Nap in town
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- S. Alken, No. 3 Dufours Place, Broad Street Soho
- "Two designs on one plate. Top (BMSat 6868): A young woman lies under a tree asleep, partly supported by a small beer barrel; a rake is beside her. Next her a young man sits up yawning and stretching. A dog sits beside them; in the distance are sheep. Below (BMSat 6869): A young woman (right) lies full length on a sofa; next her in the opposite corner of the sofa is an elderly man in regimentals, also asleep. The feet of both rest on a chair (left). A cat sleeps on the floor."--British Museum online catalogue.
- Title etched below images. Each image signed and dated in image and each with an imprint statement below.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; images 32.5 x 22.2 cm, on sheet 35.30 x 24.2 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1785.
- Subject (Name)
Alken, Samuel, 1756-1815, publisher.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827. Nap in town.
- Subject (Topic)
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 6, no. 6868, Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 6, no. 6869, and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 175
- Orbis Record