Going a going [graphic] / Rowlandson 1785.
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Going a going [graphic] / Rowlandson 1785.
- Going a going [graphic] / Rowlandson 1785.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Smith, John Raphael, 1752-1812, publisher.
- Published / Created
- 1785 November 30
- Copyright Date
- [30 November 1785]
- Publication Place
- J. R. Smith, no. 83 Oxford Street
"A young man, his arm around the waist of a coy young woman, whispers in her ear and gestures towards the cover of a wood at left, at the edge of which they stand; in the mid-distance at right, another man rides away from the wood, leading a riderless horse."--British Museum online catalogue, description of trimmed impression lacking imprint statement.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Possibly the same plate as an impression in the British Museum, from which the imprint statement might have been trimmed. Cf. British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1935,0522.10.207.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching with stipple on wove paper ; sheet 24.3 x 31.9 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- This object has been completely digitized.
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 164
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)