Going a going [graphic] / H. Brocas 1786.
- Going a going [graphic] / H. Brocas 1786.
- Brocas, Henry, 1762-1837, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- [1785 November 30]
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- H. Brocas[?]
- "A young man, his arm around the waist of a coy young woman, whispers in her ear and gestures towards the cover of a wood at left, at the edge of which they stand; in the mid-distance at right, another man rides away from the wood, leading a riderless horse."--British Museum online catalogue, description of earlier print of which this is a copy.
Irish copy of a print by Rowlandson. Cf. British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1935,0522.10.207.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Sheet trimmed to plate mark leaving thread margins.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; sheet 25.4 x 34.4 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record