London clergy. Country clergy [graphic].
- London clergy. Country clergy [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Country clergy
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1786 January 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 January 1786]
- Publication Place
- S. W. Fores, at the Caracature Warehouse, No. 3 Piccadilly
- Sketches of the heads and shoulders of clerics. The five at the top, labelled 'London Clergy' are in clerical clothes and full of white wigs. Some of the heads are shown sideways, some full face. Below are five heads labelled 'Country Clergy', not in strictly clerical garb. One man has a hat on and a turban under it. Another wears a turban, still another has long natural hair.
Attribution to Rowlandson from unverified data in local card catalog record.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Temporary local subject terms: Clergy -- Wigs -- Clerical garb -- Turban.
Title from text within image.
- 1 print on laid paper : etching and aquatint with stipple, hand-colored ; plate mark 17 x 17.1 cm, on sheet 20 x 21 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Orbis Record