The reconciliation [graphic].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > The reconciliation [graphic].
- The reconciliation [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1786 June 20
- Copyright Date
- [20 June 1786]
- Publication Place
- E. Jackson, No. 14 Marylebone Street, Golden Square
"The interior of a boarded hut, the inn at Glenelg. Johnson (left) stands by a table, Ogden (see BMSat 7031) open in his right hand, his left held meditatively to his cheek. Boswell (right) kneels beside him, his hands clasped in prayer, his face puckered as if weeping. He wears a hood or bonnet as a night-cap, his legs are bare. Johnson is dressed, wearing slippers; his boots and oak stick lean against the table."--British Museum online catalogue.
Five lines of verse below title: "I resumed the subject of my leaving him on the road, & endeavoured to defend it better ..." Vide Journal p. 164.
One in a series of twenty plates by Rowlandson after S. Collings. See British Museum catalogue, v. 6, page 345.
Plate from: Picturesque beauties of Boswell, Part the Second. [London] : [E. Jackson], 
Temporary local subject terms: Ogden -- Literature quotations -- Interior of boarded hut.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper ; sheet 25.3 x 27.7 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1786.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Boswell, James,--1740-1795.--Journal of a tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson, LL.D.--Illustrations.
Boswell, James,--1740-1795--Caricatures and cartoons.
Collings, Samuel, artist.
Jackson, Elizabeth, fl. 1785-1797, publisher.
Johnson, Samuel,--1709-1784--Caricatures and cartoons.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 6, no. 7045
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, pages 196-7
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)