Is this, your louse [graphic].
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Is this, your louse [graphic].
- Is this, your louse [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, artist.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
"The King, Queen, and three princesses are seated at a small dinner-table, on which is a soup-tureen, &c. The King holds a plate on which is an insect, turning round to address angrily a cook (right), who stands trembling beside him. Two alarmed servants stand behind the King's chair. The Queen and princesses make gestures of alarm; one princess (left) has risen from her chair in horror. On the extreme left stands a beefeater holding a jug, who lets glasses fall from a salver in his consternation. A draped window forms a background."--British Museum online catalogue.
Date from British Museum catalogue.
Frontispiece to: Pindar, P. The Lousiad. An heroi-comic poem. Canto I. London, G. Kearsley, 1787.
Printmaker from Grego.
Title etched below image; source of the title "Lousiad canto 1st" as indicated.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper; plate mark 18.2 x 24.8 cm, on sheet 21 x 25 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 2
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
Satires (Visual works)--England--1787.
- Subject (Name)
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
Charlotte,--consort of George III, King of Great Britain,--1744-1818--Caricatures and cartoons.
George--III,--King of Great Britain,--1738-1820--Caricatures and cartoons.
- Subject (Topic)
Eating & drinking.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 6, no. 7186
Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 200
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)