[A posting inn] [graphic] / Rowlandson 1787.
- [A posting inn] [graphic] / Rowlandson 1787.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- "A stagecoach stopped outside an inn with the sign of the horse at right, another coach being driven at speed at centre, a man in a leisuredly cabriolet at left."--British Museum online catalogue, description of a later state of similar composition.
For a brief description of series, see Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 212.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Plate reissued ca. 1803 with the title: A stage coach. Cf. British Museum online catalogue, registration no.: 1852,0214.164.
Title from Grego.
- 1 print : etching and aquatint on wove paper ; sheet 18.1 x 24.6 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 3
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 213
- Orbis Record