The duenna & Little Isaac [graphic] / painted by T. Rowlandson ; engraved by W.P. Carey.
- The duenna & Little Isaac [graphic] / painted by T. Rowlandson ; engraved by W.P. Carey.
- Alternative Title
- Duenna and Little Isaac
- Carey, William Paulet, 1759-1839, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- Publication Place
- "Scene from the Sheridan play, the characters sitting together (suggested to be portraits of Mrs Green and Quick in the roles), the Duenna a portly woman at left with wide open mouth and hands on chest, turning to Isaac who cowers from her."--British Museum online catalogue, description of earlier state.
Date from Grego.
Not in the Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires.
Reissue, with imprint burnished from plate, of a print published with the imprint: London, Published April 1, 1784, by I.R. Smith, No. 83 Oxford Street.
Temporary local subject terms: Literature: allusion to Sheridan's The Duenna.
Title engraved below image.
- 1 print : stipple engraving on laid paper, hand-colored ; oval design 22.8 x 19 cm, plate mark 27 x 22.7 cm, on sheet 31 x 24 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist v. 1, page 282.
- Orbis Record