Saloon at the Marine Pavilion [graphic] / drawn by Rowlandson ; tinted by Alken.
- Saloon at the Marine Pavilion [graphic] / drawn by Rowlandson ; tinted by Alken.
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker, artist. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n50022330
- Published / Created
- 1790 June 1
- Copyright Date
- [1 June 1790]
- Publication Place
- Messrs. Robinsons, Paternoster Row
- Fashionably dressed ladies and gentlemen stand or sit in small groups conversing the elegant saloon at the Marine Pavilion designed by Henry Holland.
Sixth of eight plates to: Wigstead, H. An excursion to Brighthelmstone, made in the year 1789. London : Printed ... for G.G.J. and J. Robinson, 1790.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching and aquatint in sepia ; sheet 27.3 x 35 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- still image
- Subject (Name)
Alken, Samuel, 1756-1815, printmaker. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/n97864144
Auchincloss, Hugh Dudley--Ownership.
G. and J. Robinson (Paternoster Row, London, England), publisher. http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no2008158688
Royal Pavilion (Brighton, England)
- Subject (Topic)
- Castles & palaces.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, pages 276-9
- Orbis Record