The prospect before us [graphic].
- The prospect before us [graphic].
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- 1791 January 13
- Copyright Date
- [13 January 1791]
- Publication Place
- S. W. Fores, Piccadilly
- "Musicians and dancers performing in a street, one figure holds out a hat into which a spectator drops money, another figure drops a heart (?) into another man's hat, behind the group a figure holds a banner, figures lean from the window of a Pawn Broker's shop."--British Museum online catalogue.
Text etched below image: Humanely inscribed to all those professors of music and dancing whom the cap may fit.
Title etched above image.
- 1 print : etching on laid paper, hand-colored ; sheet 36.1 x 49.8 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 6, no. 8007 and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, page 284
- Orbis Record