Jews at a luncheon, or, A peep into Dukes Place [graphic].
- Jews at a luncheon, or, A peep into Dukes Place [graphic].
- Alternative Title
- Peep into Dukes Place and Peep into Duke's Place
- Rowlandson, Thomas, 1756-1827, printmaker.
- Published / Created
- Copyright Date
- [18 December 1794]
- Publication Place
- "Two elderly and bearded Jews (one wearing spectacles), shown three-quarter length, are seated facing each other across the table, greedily expectant, while a third (right) stands to carve a sucking-pig. Beside the table (right) is a wine-cooler holding six bottles."--British Museum online catalogue.
Printmaker and date from Grego.
Title etched below image.
- 1 print : etching on wove paper, hand-colored ; plate mark 22.1 x 28.2 cm, sheet 24 x 32 cm
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Auchincloss Rowlandson v. 4
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Catalogue of prints and drawings in the British Museum. Division I, political and personal satires, v. 7, no. 8536 and Grego, J. Rowlandson the caricaturist, v. 1, pages 324-5
- Orbis Record